Which are the most popular Ballantine’s whisky?
Do you know Ballantine’s whisky? I’m sure you do, all, all of us who’ve gone to a party or to a club know it.
It’s cheap, can be mixed with other spirits, it’s a good whisky and among the best low price whiskies.
I’ll tell you a bit about it, its founder George Ballantine’s vision was to make things his own way, to make things a little differently.
He doubted everything that was made before and always conducted his ideas looking forward with optimism and a creative spirit. Always doing what he believed best.
From his shop in Edinburg, he could access whiskies from all of Scotland’s corners, having them aged and mixing them to get balance and great elegance.
Ballantine’s is the best seller on Europe and the world’s third best. Do you want to know how is whisky made?
Comparative table between Ballantine’s whiskies
|Age||No age declaration||12 years old||No age declaration|
|Type||Blended Scotch Whisky||Blended Scotch Whisky||Blended Scotch Whisky|
|Smell and Taste||very smooth taste||Honey and floral flavors |
with notes of creamy oak
|Sweet taste, with a bit of
orange juice spice, licorice root
and an excellent
|Summary||Easy to drink||Blend of the 40 best malted whiskies||Sherry influence,
with many aromas
and fruit cake flavours
Ballantine’s Finest Blended Scotch is defined as a blended scotch whisky, refined and elegant, perfect for drinking it pure or to mix and prepare your favorite blend.
It’s clear golden color and distinct flavor come from a blend of malt whiskies and carefully selected cereals.
Made in Scotland, the cradle of scotch whisky, Ballantine’s has one of the most rounded blended scotch whiskies.
It has a very smooth taste, which makes it easy to drink. It leaves a pleasurable flavour in the palate.
- Color: clear gold
- Aroma: elegant, smooth heather honey aroma, with a hint of spices.
- Body: round.
- Character: complex, smooth and sweet.
- Savor: sweet and subtle, like chocolate with milk, red apples and vanilla.
- Finish: floral and fresh, creates a round sensation.
- Base for cocktails. Perfect for blending
- Very economic for its quality.
- A bit smooth for those who like strong flavors like Johnny Walker Whisky.
Ballantine’s 12 Years Old Blended Scotch is a very smooth, complex and tasty scotch whisky.
Blended with unique malt and cereal whiskies, which make it very smooth, tasty and full of aromas.
It is a unique whisky for being a blend of the 40 best malted whiskies from all four regions of Scotland, aged for 12 years inside French oak barrels.
- Color: honey gold.
- Aroma: sweet honey with hints of oak and vanilla.
- Character: creamy and sweet
- Savor: honey and floral flavors with notes of creamy oak.
- Finish: lingering, refreshing and sweet.
- For a 12 years old whisky it has a good price
- The day after. Some say it leaves a bad hangover
A Ballantine’s special blend that has been specially designed for being consumed in special events. You can expect a bigger than normal sherry influence, with many aromas and fruit cake flavours.
With this whisky you’ll have something to savor in your cabinet to taste all year.
- Color: amber
- On the nose: it is rich, deep and fruity with humid, cake, raisins, sweet apple notes; perfectly balanced, they get joined in by bland caramel and mature pear aromas.
- On the palate: it has a sweet taste, with a bit of orange juice spice, licorice root and an excellent ginger flavour.
- The finish is long, round and sweet.
- Base for cocktails. Great if you want to create some mix.
- Smells too much like alcohol.
Cocktails with Ballantine’s Whiskies
- 50 ml of Ballantine’s Finest.
- 100 ml of carbonated water.
- Two Angostura Bitters trickles.
- Ice cubes.
- Take a highball glass and fill t with wide ice cubes.
- Add Ballantine’s and the carbonated water.
- Add the Angostura Bitters
- Mix up
- Add a mint twig.
- Ready to serve. Refreshing.
- 50 ml of Ballantine’s 12.
- 5 ml dry vermouth.
- 5 ml cherry brandy.
- Two orange bitters trickles.
- Grapefruit skin
- Fill a coupette with ice and put it apart.
- Get a mixing glass and add ice cubes.
- Add Ballantine’s 12
- Now add the cherry brandy.
- IS the turn to add the dry vermouth.
- Finally add the orange bitters and mix up
- Fill the coupette with the liquid.